Meet the father blogger

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Union Bank ATM Offline every month end?

Today, I had another bad experience with Union Bank of the Philippines. I was trying to withdraw money from my Paypal since yesterday, which is the 3rd day of the processing time. I expected it to be there since it always took 3 days before I can withdraw my money from Paypal.

However, the BPI ATM displays that I should withdraw from my bank ATM which is Union Bank. I have been withdrawing money from that branch ever since, and it is the first time that my bank was not allowed. Since I am running out of money, I keep trying the whole day and but still getting the same display.

So this morning, I decided to go to Union Bank Lipa branch to check the problem which is the nearest branch from our place and cost me 20 pesos for fare. Unfortunately, their ATM is offline since yesterday which explains my problem. I waited the bank to open and asked assistance from them. A lady personnel then informed me that the bank is having a batching process which is why their ATM is offline, and had no idea when it will be resumed.

Surprisingly, she even told me that the Union Bank is really offline every end of the month which happens also to be the payday. I don't think it's logical though. Anyway, I requested the security guards to text me once their ATM will be online to avoid spending more money. But they refused to get my number and told me their cellphones has no load.

Luckily, I have a friend working nearby and was generous enough to lend me some money. I don't know the exact time their ATM was online, but I already withdrew my money around 5pm.

By the way, I mentioned earlier that this is not the first time I had a bad experience with Union bank. Well, the first one was I got my Unionbank EON Card after 48 Years of Waiting.

I just hope that the bank management will do something with regards to their customer service.

If you want to receive my future posts regularly for FREE,you can subscribe in a reader or by Email. If you have concerns, please do not hesitate to Contact Me anytime.


No comments: